Friday, April 01, 2005

Tall Ships Top Ten

Tall Ships Top Ten: (in no particular order)
1.Red Watch (of course)
2.Stars at night
3.Watching dolphins playing under the bowsprit
4.Barbecue Night
5.Kind and helpful people (that means everyone!)
6.The Last Evening's Outing in Antigua
7.Easing Team (YAY!!)
8.Anchor Watch
9.Gangplank Watch
10.Trip to Montserrat

Things I didn't like:
1.Not making it to the top of the mast
2.Cleaning under the bunks
3.Chain locker (phew!)
4.Only having 15 minutes in total at the helm
5.Feeling useless (I WAS useless!!)

The things I did like far outnumber the ones I didn't - and I still keep thinking of other good bits - like swimming off the side of the ship, mooring up at Antigua on the return trip, Bret's 'confession' Ha ha!!, mess man duty, Lizzie's track chart, all the laughs, rum punch and Carib, Iles des Saintes (wouldn't mind going back there), sitting on the fo'csle while Lizzie did her chart, people appearing from nowhere for a chat, smiles, zipping into shore at high speed in the rib and getting soaked, sailing and boating instruction in the ward room, getting to the upper topsail (well it was better than nothing!), eating huge quantities and not putting on any weight, red shirts, the return flight from Barbados and most special of all - Lizzie's company - what fun!!

No comments: