It has been so long since i have blogged that it is now quite difficult to catch up so i shall start with this holiday week-end and skip the last month
Friday
Well the best news is that Frankie got the job she applied for!! So starts as an NQT in September. Hoorah!! She has worked hard and deserves her success and we all wish her well.
Went to a concert at St. Michael's in the evening - a trio of horn, oboe and piano players who had come from our twin town in USA. I had heard of none of the composers (apart from one section where they played a medley of songs from Britain) which I found most refreshing. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience - the trio were excellent musicians who gave interesting insights into the music and composers, the church has quite wonderful accoustics and I met a couple of people whom I know, which was nice.
Saturday
Bought a bed for Frankie's old room in a sale - very much reduced and has a large and very useful drawer in the base.
Spent much of the rest of the day clearing out cupboards which is always satisfying if a little scary - so much stuff in the kitchen was well past its sell-by date!!!
Sunday
More clearing out cupboards and then Mass with Edna in the evening.
Celia was there selling the white armbands for 'make poverty history' and encouraging people to sign the white sashes which will be presented at the G8 conference in Edinburgh on 2 July.
Monday(today)
Was still awake when the birds began their dawn chorus this morning - if I'd had enough brain about me I would have gone out to see the sunsrise!! Cut the hedges and the grass which took ages but it always looks so good afterwards. Whilst I was cutting the hedge, my neighbour popped out to tell me she has her house on the market. I shall be very sorry to see her go as, quite apart from her being a super lady, it will be the end of an era. She and her family were the first people to move onto the estate (but in another, smaller house) and after the birth of her 2nd son, they moved into the house next door and she's been there ever since (52 years!!). Tempus Fugit indeed!!
And finally . . . . .
Oh dear! It's that time again . . . BB has returned. and well may I say oh dear! I had, in fact, forgotten all about it until I returned from the concert on Friday evening and then thought I would just turn the tv on so that at least I would know what everyone was talking about. It is, sadly, the programme I love to hate and as such find it addictive. It becomes more sleazy and sordid every year and the 'house mates' seemingly more degenerate year-on-year. But I expect I shall be turning on from time to time - it is my secret vice. Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment