Thursday, June 29, 2006

this week . . .

. . . has been good so far!!
Tuesday: our book group had been invited to an 'event' at Watford Library - a talk and reading of extracts from her latest novel, 'The Alchemist's Daughter', by local author, Katherine McMahon. I was interested to hear how she researches for her books and was intrigued by the heroine - based on a seventeenth centry French woman who, unusually for those times, was a scientist - searching for the elixor life. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening as Kate is an excellent speaker and was hugely entertaining. I didn't buy the book though - a fact I rather regret now. Back to Anne's for coffee and chat in the garden - a good evening!!
Wednesday: my 'day off' but had to go in to work to attend a Health and Safety meeting (never mind - bumps up the 'flexi-time!!). Called in on Cat and David afterwards for tea and cakes. Cat seems very happy and relaxed and she showed me the baby's room and all the 'bits'. It's beautiful!! Aaahhh!!
Today: has been REALLY good. Can't put my finger on WHY exactly. Received confirmation of my room booking for Julia's and Nathan's wedding and sent e-mail to book a place to stay for David and Becky's. All these weddings!! And then I heard that Kezia is to be a flower girl for Anna and Ricky's wedding in September. How lovely!!!

No comments: