Sunday, June 22, 2008

catching up!

It's been aeons since I paid blogland any attention . . . least of all my own blog . . . and as I have been taking photos with my new camera I thought it about time I posted a few of the better ones and updated this with a few of the past couple of months' highlights!
Mary's 'Hen Do'
This was on Spring Bank Holiday Monday in Jackie's back garden. Lots of lovely people came including Stella, Kpie and Cpie down from Yorkshire just for the day. Cat came and brought F (a lone male!!) who had a lovely time playing with all the other littles. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and we ate, drank, talked and played a funny competition game of dressing Mary, Ruth and Jane up as 'brides' using tissue paper.
Meal at Lynn and Mick's
Drove up with P and C one evening. We all had a great time catching up on our news.
Mary and Kevin's Wedding
What a wonderful day!! Mary was quite amazingly laid back about it and I have never seen them look so good! The mass was beautiful and everyone looked gorgeous!! Then we all went next door to the Parish Centre for Afternoon Tea and, later in the evening, Fish and Chips. When it was almost time for M and K to go off to London, all the guests formed 2 lines down the hall and M and K had their 'First Dance' in the middle. I've not seen that done before - but what a great idea!! The whole day had a wonderful party atmosphere!! Here are some photos:



That's: N, Jpie, Cpie, Kpie and J!









And here are: Jpie, Jackie, Cpie, Kpie, Ruth, Cat (in the hat!), Imy, David, Mary, Kevin, F'ster, Rich, Stella, someone behind S - probably Brian and Pete.








Cpie in the parish centre looking very cute!!













Mary's attendants:

Jpie in his new 'Bowing Suit', Ruth, Cpie, Kpie, Doireann and Imy:









and finally . . . and most importantly: The Happy Couple, Mary and Kevin:

















After the Wedding
I have done quite a few good things since:
Meeting G:
I met my friend G - after 38 years!! G and I and 3 other girls had shared a grotty flat during the Second Year of our Teachers' Training Course. We met at Euston Station and went along to the British Library Cafe/Restaurant. I had wondered if a) I would recognise her and b) if we would find each other much changed and c) if we would find enough to talk about. The answers are yes and no and yes, yes, yes! We both had the most marvellous day and just sat and talked and talked and talked - for almost 8 hours!! We had sooo much to catch up on. And the most amazing thing is a) we had had many very similar experiences and b) we kind of relaxed together like we had seen each other only last week!! Next time, I am going up to Manchester and we can continue the story . . .
Going to O and G's
On one of my Wednesdays-with-Lucia I took her up to O and G's and Stella, rich and the Pies came too. We had a lovely day, mainly sitting in the garden as the weather was so good. Here are some photos: (incidentally, here is a funny thing: if you look on www.maps.google.co.uk - and you know where to look!! - you can actually see O sitting in her garden!! - all the way from outer space - incredible!!!)
Kpie and Cpie dancing and Lpip getting into mischief!







I love this photo of Kpie practising with her violin:

No comments: