Monday, February 02, 2009

and it continued to snow . . .

I went to work ~ stupidly I went in the car as I was convinced the roads would have been gritted once I got out of the estate . . . but they hadn't been. I had a scary few minutes going up Orphanage Road where several, much bigger, cars than mine had been abandoned. But my trusty little Fiesta managed to make it up to the top!
Not a lot of peops made it into work and then just before mid-day we heard that the weather and roads were going to get worse so it would be wise to go home a.s.a.p.
The homeward journey was much easier (DG!!) and I decided to risk the estate roads and did in fact get onto my driveway without any probs.
The afternoon has been great!! Lots of neighbours and children have been out in the road (schools all closed!) playing and having snowball fights. It has been fun to watch them. I brought some stuff home to read and gen up on the new job and have been sitting toasting my toes, drinking hot chocolate and watching the snow falling. Mmmm! Fabulous!!

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Isn't it wonderful to enjoy snow when you're done driving in it?

Stella said...

I've tagged you for a meme:
http://blogofpies.blogspot.com/2009/02/8-random-things-about-me.html