babies!
I spent three days with fr, lpip and dpip ~ which was lovely. I thought I would be 'of use' but, honestly, fr is doing so well that basically I was redundant!! (although made welcome!). Still, I had a very nice time and had lots of cuddles with Dpip, lots of laughs (and cuddles) with Lpip and lots of cups of coffee.
Then yesterday I managed to get over and see RP as well who is just as beautiful as Dpip! It was lovely to see Ca looking so well. RP slept on my lap for a good long time while Da and I toasted him with a very welcome glass of vino (poor Ca had to miss out sadly!)
photos!
I have been promising myself for ages that I would get all my photos in order ~ boring but hopefully ultimately satisfying! ~ and spent quite a lot of time doing just that yesterday. I am amazed at the sheer quantity of photos we have managed to amass over time but have now sorted most of them at least into 'year order', set aside loads of duplicates to give to other people and even binned a load of stuff like fireworks (!), bonfires (!!), sunsets (!!!) and waves (!!!!). I mean, honestly !!! Seen one seen 'em all!!
ageds!
I must say I am really enjoying having O&G living closer. Took them to Mass today and then back to their's for lunch. We had to come over here to collect a saw and chuck key for G and then at G's request went to look at the site of the allotments which he and my Grandfather used to have back in the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. And the 20s too probably in my grandfather's case. It was encouraging to see the numbers of plots still being used. Although I don't like gardening myself I am always pleased to see a well tended plot of earth and there were certainly plenty of them to be seen. G and I went for quite a good walk arbout and right in the very far corner was a man keeping bees ~ he had three hives altogether. I don't know exactly what he was doing but I was very pleased to see it! ~ beekeeping always seems such a nice traditional country pursuit!
videos!
I'm always videoing stuff which I then forget to label (duh!). Last evening I decided to watch one of these poor labelless articles which had been knocking around in the cupboard for ages. Imagine my surprise and delight to find it was 'The Importance of Being Earnest' with Judi Dench, Rupert Everett and Colin Firth! Hoorah! I have seen it before but to my mind it's one of those plays one should watch at least once every couple of years!
I spent three days with fr, lpip and dpip ~ which was lovely. I thought I would be 'of use' but, honestly, fr is doing so well that basically I was redundant!! (although made welcome!). Still, I had a very nice time and had lots of cuddles with Dpip, lots of laughs (and cuddles) with Lpip and lots of cups of coffee.
Then yesterday I managed to get over and see RP as well who is just as beautiful as Dpip! It was lovely to see Ca looking so well. RP slept on my lap for a good long time while Da and I toasted him with a very welcome glass of vino (poor Ca had to miss out sadly!)
photos!
I have been promising myself for ages that I would get all my photos in order ~ boring but hopefully ultimately satisfying! ~ and spent quite a lot of time doing just that yesterday. I am amazed at the sheer quantity of photos we have managed to amass over time but have now sorted most of them at least into 'year order', set aside loads of duplicates to give to other people and even binned a load of stuff like fireworks (!), bonfires (!!), sunsets (!!!) and waves (!!!!). I mean, honestly !!! Seen one seen 'em all!!
ageds!
I must say I am really enjoying having O&G living closer. Took them to Mass today and then back to their's for lunch. We had to come over here to collect a saw and chuck key for G and then at G's request went to look at the site of the allotments which he and my Grandfather used to have back in the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. And the 20s too probably in my grandfather's case. It was encouraging to see the numbers of plots still being used. Although I don't like gardening myself I am always pleased to see a well tended plot of earth and there were certainly plenty of them to be seen. G and I went for quite a good walk arbout and right in the very far corner was a man keeping bees ~ he had three hives altogether. I don't know exactly what he was doing but I was very pleased to see it! ~ beekeeping always seems such a nice traditional country pursuit!
videos!
I'm always videoing stuff which I then forget to label (duh!). Last evening I decided to watch one of these poor labelless articles which had been knocking around in the cupboard for ages. Imagine my surprise and delight to find it was 'The Importance of Being Earnest' with Judi Dench, Rupert Everett and Colin Firth! Hoorah! I have seen it before but to my mind it's one of those plays one should watch at least once every couple of years!
No comments:
Post a Comment