Sunday, May 24, 2015

Retirement: the Reality

And the Reality is . . . . that it feels Right!  I love it!!

I finished on the last day of March and April was just like a lovely extended holiday.  I went away with Family and Friends to the Annual Ruda Fest, spent Easter At Home and did loads of reading.  I need to catch up!!  


And stitching, walking, seeing more of the grandchildren, socialising, even . . . . cooking! Though this was not a success!  You could have used my flapjacks as paving slabs . . . heigh ho . . . well I was never going to be Mary Berry!!  I joined another Book Club which I am really loving! 


I have lots more plans and my days seem to fill up with (mostly) good things.  


I hope to be Very Busy . . . . 


And I hope to be back soon . . . .


Po x

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Congratulations! Eager to start on some of the books on your list!

rosy said...

Hi Kim!
I'm not sure that I would recommend all the books on the list ~ some were book club ones that no-one liked and some were not really general interest.
Northern Saints ~ interesting as I love Northumberland and surrounds ~ but for Catholic tastes really
History of Modern Britain ~ very good
North and South ~ a classic (but not as enjoyable as Cranford)
Sister ~ marvellous
Confinement ~ loved it
Etymologicon ~ Brilliant (non-fiction)
Apple Tree Yard ~ so well written!
I can't really recommend any of the others ~ the Secret Listeners was dire! and most of the others pretty much forgettable!
Please let me know what you are reading. Rosy