Friday, March 25, 2016

Touch of Evil


I must just miss the point of a lot of films ~ this was one of them! 'Citizen Kane' was another. And 'The Godfather' was the worst of all. I have tried that one three times and given up through sheer boredom after about half an hour each time. 


I was once talking to a friend who thinks Godfather is one of the best films of all time so I asked him 'why?'.  And to be fair his answers made a lot of sense although I can't now remember his reasons. And I wouldn't wish to try to see it again in order to test out the theories. 

A 'Touch of Evil' is pretty tedious although I did at least reach the end. Partly because at one point C. Heston was fighting in a bar and his opponent was quite obviously a dummy who then suddenly changes to 'real' at the close-up. This smidgen of hilarity was not repeated, however, so my advice is: don't bother.  

Back soon

Po xx

   

No comments: