Well actually there is far too MUCH to catch up on. So . . . straight in to today . . .
After a busy busy week I was hoping for a quiet day for doing a few odds and ends at home.
So firstly I caught up on reading. Belonging to two book clubs is great but being a slow reader I try to have at least one hour first thing every morning. And, oh dear, sometimes it just ex.t..e...n....d.....s.
Then I had a power-out and had to call Alex for instructions on what to do. Fortunately Alex was able to explain it all over the phone and after a bit of trial and error I discovered that the kettle was the culprit. Phew! Good job it wasn't the (fairly new) fridge, or the freezer, or the oven or the dishwasher . . . or any number of gadgets that would have been expensive to replace. And I have learned something useful ~ always a plus!
I have been trying to get some 'floating' shelves for the house. It would help if I weren't so indecisive but although amazon has some I can't be sure that they are right ~ how can you tell if you can't actually see them and feel them? They might be horrid. So this afternoon I nipped to Wicks and then B&Q neither of which had what I wanted. Back home and this time I think I have cracked it on amazon. We shall see . . .
I was intending to look at 'Victoria' tonight ~ jolly good! ~ but then browsed too long on the computer and missed the start. Darn! Catch up there too!
I learned this evening that a friend's mother has died. She was a wonderful woman: a teacher at my primary school with a larger than life personality. I remember she taught two classes together (almost a hundred of us ~ huge classes in those days!) the words and music for the Sung Latin Mass (before Vatican II of course). The amazing thing was that she even managed to make it FUN!!! As an adult I knew her as a fellow parishioner and the leader of the folk group at the Sunday family mass. She had been unwell for a while and was, I think, in her late eighties but her passing is very sad for all who knew her.
I have had to leave loads out which is a shame really as it's been quite a good six months but c'est la vie I guess. Fill in later perhaps.
Back soon
Po xx
1 comment:
Hi! Great to 'see' you and to see your book list!!!
I'm eager to read the Mosse book (and several others on your list!)
Post a Comment