Frankie nipped round today so we could use my Costco card for her to buy large pizzas for tonight's Confirmation session. We were almost blasted off the car park! There has been snow almost all weekend although beginning to disappear now ~ thank goodness ~ but a Siberian wind still.
Other than Frankie's visit I have been keeping warm and researching for tomorrow's Poetry Group ~ G K Chesterton whose 'The Donkey' I have always loved. I have focused on his time living in Beaconsfield which is not far from here and home, of course, to the lovely Bekonscott which we visited a few times when the girls were small. I ought to nip over there and look at the Chesterton related sights! when the weather is warmer though . . .
Back downstairs now for a warm fire, tea, knitting and 'Civilisations' on The Box.
Back soon
Po xx

2 comments:
The Secret History is one of my favorite books ever. I'm eager to hear what you think of it.
Ah, Kim. Nice to hear from you! I've only just seen your comments and it's quite late this side of the pond so will have to comment on The Secret History another time, I'm afraid. I did like it though ~ very well plotted and the development of the characters was excellently portrayed. As with The Goldfinch, I found this book disturbing to read but it certainly kept me on my toes. I will have to recall more fully tomorrow and let you know.
(Your alpacas look and sound so lovely that I located a small children's farm and visited with Frankie and her girls last summer. Super!)
Post a Comment