Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Best laid plans and all that


So today I was going to:
do some housework and ironing
sort the mail/paperwork
finish stitching a card
blog about books I have read
go to book group

But . . .

Ricky and the chaps, who were going to come tomorrow to start on the fence, were able to come today.  Which was good.  Especially as they fully expect to come again tomorrow and probably finish ~ Hoorah!!

And they managed to demolish the old fence, tidy up in preparation for construction and then started a bonfire.  Yay!  There it is (the bonfire) up in the corner.  

But, of course, I never can resist a bonfire so out I went, started chatting and before I knew it was chucking wood on with wild abandon.  In the end the fire was so big that I was rather afraid to leave it to go out to book group.  Quite apart from the fact that, with insufficient time for a bath and steeped in wood smoke I would probably NOT be a hugely welcome guest!

So no stitching, no book group, a feeble attempt at blogging . . . but a least the paperwork is done and preps for the fence are well in hand.

And . . . tomorrow is another day.

Back soon

Po x


1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I hope it was a good night for a bonfire. I agree that the tossing on of stuff can be--intoxicating?!?