'Catching up' this time means (mainly) catching up on reading other blogs I like but also 'stuff' around the home and other activities ~ mostly enjoyable but some are very time consuming too.
Last week was RIDICULOUS and the forthcoming one will be little better. You would be forgiven for thinking that retirees have more time but in fact I am finding that the reverse is true. Today I am:
- doing a little research on Tennyson and finding something to read from 'Idylls' for Tuesday's poetry goup
- preparing for a short (really short but nonetheless needs preparing!) talk at a study group on Wednesday
- writing another short piece for a newsletter (deadline Wednesday)
- reading up on what I need to do as a poll clerk on EU election day on Thursday ~ done it before so that's not too bad
- finishing a stitching project for an upcoming birthday
- sorting papers (aaarghh!)
- house work (aaarghh aaarghh!!)
Tomorrow I will probably be at the museum for a couple of hours (not sure yet ~ depends on other factors)
Dpip stayed last night (after the Cup Final ~ poor old Watford hammered 6 - 0) and we went to early mass this morning. After that I was supposed to be helping at the Canal Festival but several gremlins made their way into the works and that had to be abandoned. And I came home.
So why am I writing my first blog post for aeons and aeons? Procrastination Pure and Simple.
Best wishes to anyone who hasn't given up on this poor neglected blog.
Back soon (crossed fingers)
Po x
1 comment:
Are the grandchildren in college yet? Ha ha! I'm always here when you pop back in!
Post a Comment