Sunday, November 04, 2007

weekly 'round up'

The week has been very busy and consequently gone in a FLASH!! (this is a Good Thing)
The wedding seems to be finally coming together: Fran has actually decided on the style of her dress (unbelievable but true!) and she and Jemma went to London yesterday and bought the fabric . . . so no going back now (lol). While they were there they even saw dresses for the maids which they liked and which should be easy to get for the girls. Replies to invitations have been coming in and today Fran and Alex went to M & S and bought wine and stuff. I thought I had better start thinking about my m.o.b. outfit as I think the one I had for Stella and Rich's wedding will be too snug a fit now. (I know it is customary to have a new outfit - but I do so hate shopping and I thought I would get away with a new top to go with it and different accessories. Besides which it seems plain daft to have yet another outfit hanging in the wardrobe which I will probably never wear again.) Anyway Fran and I had a quick look on the internet and there seems to quite a few nice things in the shops right now. I dread actually going into all those horrid crowded shops though! Sigh!!
Frankie and Alex and Lucia have moved to their new home - I haven't been over there yet - it will seem funny not having them so close. I looked after Lucia yesterday while Fran was in London. We went over to visit Cat David and Freddie in the afternoon. Freddie is very sweet and kept giving Lucia hugs and kisses and grapes and bits of melon. We picked Fran up from the Junction, came home here and had cups of tea etc. By the time they left it was a liitle too late to make it to the Park for the Fireworks so I had a shower, watched the last bit of 'Gunpowder, Treason and Plot' and then went round to Jackie's for supper. Danuta and Nusia were there as well as Elizabeth, Barry, Claire and Anna with Isabelle and Ryan. Ryan is lovely - he sat on my lap for ages and was quite content. (Isabelle is lovely too of course!). Brian was home and had brought some sparklers which we had in the garden. And then we all went back inside and chatted - it was a lovely evening!
Today was fairly quiet until Fran and Alex and Lucia arrived. I have been trying to sort out some paper work and it was in piles all over the floor in the Library. After Lucia had been in there it was all over the floor of the Library NOT in piles! She also does what Kezia, Jago and Clara did: push all the books right to the back of the shelves - but the funny thing is: Fran used to do the very same thing when she was little - she said it was 'such a nice feeling' !!! Mad as pants!!

2 comments:

BabyLongLegs said...

*chuckles* at mad as pants...
((HUG))

Love
Sarah xXx

Kim in Oregon said...

Mad as pants!!! I love it!!! Although I have no idea what it means.

And DEFINITELY get a new outfit for the festivities. How many times do you get to be a MOB??