Sunday, October 28, 2007

another week gone . . . and a week nearer to THE wedding!!

Monday: the 6-week 'Sharing in His Life' evening sessions have started at Liz and David's. This was the second one. They are quite challenging but interesting and I enjoy going.
Tuesday: Visited with O and G in the evening after work. I didn't tell them I was going but O asked was I checking up on her? Of course!! Haven't seen her look so well in absolutely yonks!! She had had her hair done that afternoon and was wearing a lovely pink jumper and tweedy skirt - she looked very well indeed. G asked me to look out for a little flat in Watford or surrounding area to which they can move: sounds like a fine idea!!
Wednesday: It was half-term hols so I didn't have Lucia. I did lots of necessary 'jobs' in the house - like painting the front step and mending the kitchen sink drain pipe - exciting stuff!! wow!!
Thursday: Frankie, Alex and Lucia came in the evening. Frankie did all the wedding invites ready to go out.
Friday: Fran came to 'house sit' while the conservatory 'bits' were delivered . . . and they nearly all were!! Just the roof missing . . . it was delivered to Darren's house (sigh). On a more positive note, however . . . all invites are now posted - hoorah!!
Saturday: Fran and Alex busy packing up all their stuff ready for the move. I had Lucia. Then F and A came and brought their dinner to cook - this is because the heating has packed up in the their house and anyway it is full of boxes!! - Alex cooked and it was delish!! they left at about 9 and I was sooo tired I went straight to bed!!
Today: Fran, Lucia and I went over to see Jemma . . . oh dear!! Frankie really is 'The Mistress of Indecision'!! It took ages to decide what she wanted . . . and then she changed her mind on the way home!!! There are less than 8 weeks left!! . . . will everything be done on time I wonder?? Watch this space!

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I don't think I realized it is to be a Christmas wedding..quite brave you are!