Saturday, September 27, 2008

travelling on . . .

Taking the 'A' train . . .
After an illness bravely borne, a very dear friend died last week. His funeral was last Thursday. P had been a close family friend for over 20 years and then actually part of our family for the last six. We will all miss him very much. His funeral mass was a triumph and I know that he would have loved it. And a kind friend managed to get a recording of the Jazz classic, 'Take the A' Train' for the committal. He would have loved that too! Parish Camp, wonderful though it continues to be, will never be quite the same without him and Boogy!
Taking the Bridle Path . . .
Today, the weather was wonderful - warm and sunny and perfect for a walk in the woods. I phoned Jackie and a little crowd of us spent the afternoon in excellent company walking in Whippendell Woods and enjoying the dappled sunshine and evidence of the changing seasons. I couldn't be bothered with carrying a bag and lots of 'stuff' so didn't take my camera - a fact I regretted as soon as we started walking as there were lots of beautiful things I would have loved to capture. So sadly there are no nice photos to enlive my blog this time. Maybe next bloggings . . .

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. It sounds like you said farewell in style!

Enjoy the fall Rosie...

rosy said...

Ooh yes - I love the Fall - or 'Autumn' as we call it on this side of the Pond. Quite honestly I think 'Fall' is a far better word!
It's my favourite season.