What is it about mugs that they just seem to multiply almost of their own volition? I've got heaps ~ far too many to use and sadly some of them have been stuck at the back of a cupboard because they are too precious for me to want to use them!
Today I had a good sort out and decided to put all my favourites on the high shelf in my conservatory. These are generally the ones I am too worried to use in case I break them.
Here they are all together: (as you can see I still have my Christmas lights up ~ because I think they look cheerful!)
And here are the left hand ones in a bit of a close up:

The first one is Stella's baptism cup which I keep meaning to give her and keep forgetting about . . . maybe next time they are down . . .
The second is one of a pair Boogs and I used to use and has pigs on it. They were a present from Boogs. And the next one is a mug commemorating Holy Rood's Centenary in 1989 ~ a good year and lots of fun in the Parish!!
Then comes one which Jackie, Danuta and Trisha and families brought back from Poland for me when they went on their Grand Trek in 1996.
The next one was Boog's because he worked for London Underground ~ it has a map on the back.
Then one of my favourites ~ here it is in close-up:

Ha ha!! Boogs was Maggie Thatcher's greatest 'fan' ~ he took this mug to work and used it always!
Next to the Big sister mug is one from Scotland which Jackie gave me after one of their Scottish hols.
And the next one is my lovely Godmother mug that Freddie gave me at his baptism.
Here are the next lot:

The first two are a pair I bought just before the Millenium. The handle is made in such a way that it actually says 2000. I think they are lovely but the girls think they are awful (!!) so I suppose they are better up there really.
And the next one commemorates the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977 and Er and Ja gave us two. They came to stay for the 4-day Bank Holiday week-end and we had the most tremendous fun. Boogs and I used to use the mugs all the time but then one broke and I'm a bit nervous of losing the other one.
Stella brought the Hertfordshire Girl Guide mug back from camp in Cheltenham in 1990.
And Frankie gave me the next Eyeore one. Piglet is actually my favourite Pooh character . . . but it is generally accepted that I am more like Eyeore than any of them. In fact, another time, Frankie gave me a little toy Eyeore who lives on the dashboard of my car!
And finally, the two mugs at the end were presents from Ja and Er and are both dated 22 August 1985 which was the 500th year anniversary of the Battle of Bosworth. Poor Richard III, my hero, and much maligned in history due to the devious lies of that William Shakespeare chappie.
I think they look very nice up there and I'm so pleased they are now out on show!!
Today I had a good sort out and decided to put all my favourites on the high shelf in my conservatory. These are generally the ones I am too worried to use in case I break them.
Here they are all together: (as you can see I still have my Christmas lights up ~ because I think they look cheerful!)
And here are the left hand ones in a bit of a close up:
The first one is Stella's baptism cup which I keep meaning to give her and keep forgetting about . . . maybe next time they are down . . .
The second is one of a pair Boogs and I used to use and has pigs on it. They were a present from Boogs. And the next one is a mug commemorating Holy Rood's Centenary in 1989 ~ a good year and lots of fun in the Parish!!
Then comes one which Jackie, Danuta and Trisha and families brought back from Poland for me when they went on their Grand Trek in 1996.
The next one was Boog's because he worked for London Underground ~ it has a map on the back.
Then one of my favourites ~ here it is in close-up:

Ha ha!! Boogs was Maggie Thatcher's greatest 'fan' ~ he took this mug to work and used it always!
Next to the Big sister mug is one from Scotland which Jackie gave me after one of their Scottish hols.
And the next one is my lovely Godmother mug that Freddie gave me at his baptism.
Here are the next lot:

The first two are a pair I bought just before the Millenium. The handle is made in such a way that it actually says 2000. I think they are lovely but the girls think they are awful (!!) so I suppose they are better up there really.
And the next one commemorates the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977 and Er and Ja gave us two. They came to stay for the 4-day Bank Holiday week-end and we had the most tremendous fun. Boogs and I used to use the mugs all the time but then one broke and I'm a bit nervous of losing the other one.
Stella brought the Hertfordshire Girl Guide mug back from camp in Cheltenham in 1990.
And Frankie gave me the next Eyeore one. Piglet is actually my favourite Pooh character . . . but it is generally accepted that I am more like Eyeore than any of them. In fact, another time, Frankie gave me a little toy Eyeore who lives on the dashboard of my car!
And finally, the two mugs at the end were presents from Ja and Er and are both dated 22 August 1985 which was the 500th year anniversary of the Battle of Bosworth. Poor Richard III, my hero, and much maligned in history due to the devious lies of that William Shakespeare chappie.
I think they look very nice up there and I'm so pleased they are now out on show!!
No comments:
Post a Comment