Sunday, February 15, 2009

phew!! what a week!!

It has been so-o-o busy that I don't have time to tell all . . . so here are the 'main' bits . . .
Last Saturday Er and Ja brought O & G down to look at the flat that Stella and I had seen and liked the week before. Fortunately O & G liked it too . . . and during the rest of the week . . . they have accepted an offer on their house, had their offer on the flat accepted and it's all systems go go go!!
Sunday was fairly quiet ~ except for mass with Edna and the Confirmation Inscription Promise.
Monday: work and a quick visit to Fr and Al in the evening to drop off Lpip's present and card for Tuesday.
Tuesday was Lpip's 2nd birthday! Crikey!! TWO!!! Where did the time go. Sadly I couldn't see her on the day as I had work first and then a Govs' meeting in the evening.
Wednesday: Book Group in the evening at Jenny's. Good time was had by all though none of us had enjoyed the book all that much.
On Thurday nothing much happened.
Friday evening I had Berny over for a meal . . . which was lovely. Haven't seen Berny for quite a while so it was lovely to chat and catch -up.
Saturday: Went, fairly early, to the flat for a measure up, noting plugs and all the stuff we didn't take in too well on our other brief visits. Back home and had calls from Er and a very-nearly-2-hour chat with Stella who had been away for a week with the pies. Went to evening mass with Edna and then over to Fr and Al's for a very pleasant and jolly evening.
Today: Fr, Al and Lpip came over for the day. Al has almost finished putting up my fence and it looks great. We had to go to Wicks to get more wood and managed to get a gate too. Hoorah!! Nice private garden for me this summer!! I had a lovely time with Lpip ~ she is very funny and made us laugh and laugh. After they left I tidied up and did a bit of stitching and listened to my Satie cd. Rich told me once it is the most depressing piece of music he has ever heard ~ it is a bit I suppose but in truth most of the music I like is a tad dismal.
Finally: I would like to say how much I enjoyed reading other peoples' the 'Random things'. I have been 'tagged' before and didn't know what I was supposed to do . . . so I'm sorry if I didn't exactly ' play up, play on and play the game' before but I really am game for any other tags!

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

What was the book that was disliked?

I just finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"....a bit grisly but a good read!