What is it about men and tools?
We have a shop in our town called 'Simbles' ~ I know it fairly well having been forced through its portals more times than I care to remember. Apparently it is the best shop for handymen in the world ~ and I have to admit that if you want anything in the d-i-y line it must be pretty hard to beat. Inside it is like an Aladdin's cave with every square inch (or cm) packed with screws, nails, g-clamps, screwdriver, hammers, spades (I like to call them spades), bits, rulers, hods, drills . . . Lord! . . . I could go on and on infinitum! I mainly know all this because Boogs was forever in and out of the place and Eric, when he visits, insists we drive past just so he can drool a bit (though tbh it is on the way from town to my house and it's a bit of a joke anyway!! (Once when we walked into Watford he made us go in and wander ~ actually it's impossible to 'wander' as the place is so packed with stuff ~ about and we were 'lucky!(!!) enough to be able to watch some video thing about a rotor tool. Wow, you must think, what an exciting life we live!!)
We have a shop in our town called 'Simbles' ~ I know it fairly well having been forced through its portals more times than I care to remember. Apparently it is the best shop for handymen in the world ~ and I have to admit that if you want anything in the d-i-y line it must be pretty hard to beat. Inside it is like an Aladdin's cave with every square inch (or cm) packed with screws, nails, g-clamps, screwdriver, hammers, spades (I like to call them spades), bits, rulers, hods, drills . . . Lord! . . . I could go on and on infinitum! I mainly know all this because Boogs was forever in and out of the place and Eric, when he visits, insists we drive past just so he can drool a bit (though tbh it is on the way from town to my house and it's a bit of a joke anyway!! (Once when we walked into Watford he made us go in and wander ~ actually it's impossible to 'wander' as the place is so packed with stuff ~ about and we were 'lucky!(!!) enough to be able to watch some video thing about a rotor tool. Wow, you must think, what an exciting life we live!!)
Anyway . . . where is this leading us? Well last evening Frankie phoned and we chatted a bit and she happened to mention that Alex was looking at the Screwfix catalogue ~ I mentioned Screwfix to Eric once and he said it was 'Ok, but not like the real thing' (he meant Simbles). then she phoned again a bit later . . . and he was still reading it!! . . . and then I remembered something a bit later and than that and guess what? He was still reading the Screwfix catalogue. And that's what I mean . . . What is it about men and tools? Now a nice Next catalogue . . . or M&S . . . or Laura Ashley . . .
1 comment:
Oh I KNOW! We have a place here called Jerry's....and I have to take knitting whenever we go there because Tim gets lost in there for HOURS...looking at WASHERS...it is amazing. He always comes out with ten or twelve new house projects that of course never get done.
I'm quite enchanted with the Boden's catalogue these days.
Post a Comment