. . . because my blog looks boring wihout photos I think . . .
This week-end has been good although it started sadly . . .
On Friday I went with my friend F to the funeral of a friend from a long time back. We have known Jim since we were 17 ~ a long time ago now ~ and he had been a very good friend of Boogy's for years before that. The funeral was very sad, but it was good to meet some other old friends and good that quite a number of people were able to stand up and say a few words in tribute. He will be much missed.
F and S had asked me to stay the night at their house and as an anti-dote to the sadness of the funeral we went to a small local theatre/club for an evening of music and poetry (Rhythm and Muse!). It was wonderful! and just what we needed!!
On Saturday, after a leisurely morning and lunch we walked along the tow-path to Kingston for a talk on 'Sculpture between the Wars' mainly featuring Dora Gordine (who I had never heard of before ~ I am making it sound like I am very cultured aren't I?). I enjoyed that too and I certainly learned a lot as I know virtually nothing about the subject!! Back for a quick cuppa and then I came home.
Today has been productive in that I have had a good sorting out of my wardrobe. Lots of things have been 'slung'. They always say you shouldn't keep anything you haven't worn for a year as on that basis you aren't likely to wear it again anyway. I don't actually believe it but I did manage 2 bin bags and the wardrobe looks much better now!
It is still very cold although we have had some lovely sunshine on and off all day . . . and my daffodills are looking very jolly in the garden! I will try to find my camera and get some good shots of them.
This week-end has been good although it started sadly . . .
On Friday I went with my friend F to the funeral of a friend from a long time back. We have known Jim since we were 17 ~ a long time ago now ~ and he had been a very good friend of Boogy's for years before that. The funeral was very sad, but it was good to meet some other old friends and good that quite a number of people were able to stand up and say a few words in tribute. He will be much missed.
F and S had asked me to stay the night at their house and as an anti-dote to the sadness of the funeral we went to a small local theatre/club for an evening of music and poetry (Rhythm and Muse!). It was wonderful! and just what we needed!!
On Saturday, after a leisurely morning and lunch we walked along the tow-path to Kingston for a talk on 'Sculpture between the Wars' mainly featuring Dora Gordine (who I had never heard of before ~ I am making it sound like I am very cultured aren't I?). I enjoyed that too and I certainly learned a lot as I know virtually nothing about the subject!! Back for a quick cuppa and then I came home.
Today has been productive in that I have had a good sorting out of my wardrobe. Lots of things have been 'slung'. They always say you shouldn't keep anything you haven't worn for a year as on that basis you aren't likely to wear it again anyway. I don't actually believe it but I did manage 2 bin bags and the wardrobe looks much better now!
It is still very cold although we have had some lovely sunshine on and off all day . . . and my daffodills are looking very jolly in the garden! I will try to find my camera and get some good shots of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment