Second Wednesday of the month is always Book Club. I really look forward to these evenings!
Last night it was at Cat's and we had read 'How to Kill your Husband (and other handy household hints)' by Kathy Lette. Eight of us were there and Jo, who couldn't make it, had sent her comments. The title had made me smile and I had thought that it would be a humourous book ~ I couldn't have been more wrong! This book was the most awful drivel!! No-one liked it: badly written, poor 'jokes', feeble plot, unlikeable characters, vulgar, distasteful, totally unbelievable ~ these were some of the kinder comments! I would never read anything by this author again and I find it hard to believe that she is a 'best seller'.
The evening was most enjoyable, however. FI was still up when I arrived though just about to go to bed assisted by Im; and RP stayed downstairs where we could all admire him. Cat had made the most scrumptious carrot cake ~ and we were all staggered at the fact that she had time and energy to make it whilst looking after two children under 3!! Oh yes! and we had a jug of Pimms too. Cat really knows how to entertain!
Today was quiet at work so I finished at mid-day and came home ~ where I found G beavering away in 'his' ~ used to be 'Boogy's' ~ shed. He was just about to stop so we had a coffee and I drove him home. Came home and got the Camp Accounts right up to date and then went back up to O&G's for dinner.
My exciting news is that I have just reserved a place on a trip to Rome ~ wwhheeeeeeeee!! The company is sending me the booking form in the post and I won't believe I'm going until I'm actually on the plane! My trips have a habit of falling through: last autumn I was going to go to Paris and then fell and broke my wrist! Hope I have better luck this year . . . .
Last night it was at Cat's and we had read 'How to Kill your Husband (and other handy household hints)' by Kathy Lette. Eight of us were there and Jo, who couldn't make it, had sent her comments. The title had made me smile and I had thought that it would be a humourous book ~ I couldn't have been more wrong! This book was the most awful drivel!! No-one liked it: badly written, poor 'jokes', feeble plot, unlikeable characters, vulgar, distasteful, totally unbelievable ~ these were some of the kinder comments! I would never read anything by this author again and I find it hard to believe that she is a 'best seller'.
The evening was most enjoyable, however. FI was still up when I arrived though just about to go to bed assisted by Im; and RP stayed downstairs where we could all admire him. Cat had made the most scrumptious carrot cake ~ and we were all staggered at the fact that she had time and energy to make it whilst looking after two children under 3!! Oh yes! and we had a jug of Pimms too. Cat really knows how to entertain!
Today was quiet at work so I finished at mid-day and came home ~ where I found G beavering away in 'his' ~ used to be 'Boogy's' ~ shed. He was just about to stop so we had a coffee and I drove him home. Came home and got the Camp Accounts right up to date and then went back up to O&G's for dinner.
My exciting news is that I have just reserved a place on a trip to Rome ~ wwhheeeeeeeee!! The company is sending me the booking form in the post and I won't believe I'm going until I'm actually on the plane! My trips have a habit of falling through: last autumn I was going to go to Paris and then fell and broke my wrist! Hope I have better luck this year . . . .
1 comment:
Hi Rosy, Just caught up with your huge family! Golly, no wonder you need to have countings; do you ever mislay any of them? Or leave any on a bus?
Kathy Lette is a dreadful writer, I only liked the first book of hers I read, something to do with cows, I think. (well it was the first one, her sex and gags were new then). I will never make the mistake of picking up another one at a jumble sale, even 30p is paying too much.
I've left a comment on your comment on my blog, so, Teutonic ancestry anyone? No wonder you started drinking early. Cheers!
Post a Comment