Monday
Stella and Kpie and Cpie came for dinner ~ well it was just pasta and then an unusual interpretation of Eton Mess: pastry instead of meringue, blackberries instead of strawbs and evap instead of cream ~ but it was a 'scratch meal' and actually very nice!
Here we are in the conservatory: Kpie, Cpie and Moi
We finished the jigsaw! ~ the murder mystery that is! It was quite hard since we had no picture of how it should turn out but it did get really exciting towards the end. All four of us were rushing to complete ~ great team work and great fun. (I wrote about this on 6 January ~ I would do a link but that's a bit too techy for me haha)
Today
I feel like murdering someone! G had an appointment at the hospital and, since I have hardly any leave left this leave year and it would have been difficult anyway, I had booked with Travel Line on Monday for them to collect him, take to the appointment and then take him home.
The office phoned me to confirm arrangements on Tuesday. The chap said:
' . . . and the address is 11 R . . . . R . . .'
I said 'No it's 11 H . . . . . . which is in R . . . R . . .'
'Oh ok, and we will collect him after 11.40'
'No, his appointment is at 11.40'
'Oh yes that's right we are picking him up at 9.40'
Yesterday a woman phoned and said 'are you sure he is going toWatford General? We can't find the Princess Michael of Kent Building on the map'
I explained that PMofK was the main outpatients' department, it has A&E and is where almost everyone has to go for virtually anything.
When I visited G this evening he told me what had happened:
He saw the mini bus going up the road and then he saw it going down the road but it never came to him.
Fortuately the house manager was there and phoned someone (the office I suppose)
It was confirmed that they would come back for him.
No-one came so he didn't get to the appointment.
Last time the lift was so late that he missed his appointment and had to hang around for ages waiting to be slotted in.
A shambles!
Another day, another moan haha
Po xx

No comments:
Post a Comment