Friday, February 27, 2015

Of Grandchildren and other matters

I had three days annual leave to take before retirement ~ which equates to six half days looking after Kpip (yay!).  All the days are Fridays which is a good kind of end-of-the-week day to choose.  One time we collected Kpie from school which was even better as they had a great time together and Kpie shared some of the cous-cous snack she had made in Food Tech.  This photo was taken after we got back from a short walk to post some cards. 
The rest of the week has been busy at work plus meeting on Monday evening, 'small group' on Tuesday evening and trying to catch up with paperwork the other evenings. Oh yes . . . and the end of both the Broadchurch and the Wolf Hall series.  Whaaaaaa!
Lpip and Dpip are coming tomorrow evening to stay the night ~ always fun!  I always have to read a bedtime story from Lpip's favourite book at my house: 'My Naughty Litle Sister'.  This is a lovely book but really why they like it is because the picture of the little sister on the front is exactly like Cpie when she was little ~ although Cpie was never as grumpy looking as the poor child on the cover. 

3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

OK beautiful child, etc etc.

But MORE IMPORTANTLY! IS IT THE SECOND BROADCHURCH SEASON?? I can't wait. And Wolf Hall Airs here in April. I CANNOT WAIT.

Beautiful child again.

Kim in Oregon said...

ps. Off to order books from your list. I am reading the "Rivers of London" series...silly and not quite "Harry Potter for Grown Ups" but I like it.

Kim in Oregon said...

Update--the new Broadchurch season starts here on Wednesday! So excited! I have a wee crush on David Tennant.

I tried to read Wolf Hall, but couldn't get into it.