Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Blood and the Sword

Gory and Grim, eh?   Well not really . . . .

Blood:
This morning I nipped along to give a donation at the mobile unit parked nearby.  Frankie needed transfusions of 13 pints in total when she had Dpip (4) and Kpip (9).  So now she can never give blood herself  and we are oh so grateful that some of her type was on hand when needed.  Fortunately Frankie, Stella and I all have the same type (not at all rare!); Stella decided to 'replace' the 13 pints and I have joined her.  I think Stella has now given 9 and I'm not even sure ~ could be 7, could be 8 although I had been donating before over the years.  This was a new station for me ~ and a pleasant 10 minute walk.  A Job Well Done!

Sword:

Here it is: Dpip's sword.  24" of well-honed wood and a dagger to match. When I took him and Lpip to the Chiltern Open Air Museum for the 'Enchanted Museum at Night' event a couple of weekends ago he was far more enchanted with the swords and the pilot training room and artifacts (well I liked that bit too!) than with the beautiful white unicorn that had Lpip totally mesmerised.  He was desperate to buy a sword (!!).  I went back to today to get one for his sixth birthday tomorrow. And then I saw the dagger and a little 'cup and ball' set so that at least not everything was war-like!

At some point I will have to write about the COAM as it is wonderful, truly wonderful!  In fact I bought a season ticket today so there is no excuse not to go as often as I like.  I will take pics too now that Jpie has shown me how to charge my camera ~ hoorah!

Back soon

Po x

No comments: