The RAF Museum is about 8 miles away from my home and today was the first time I have been. I really shall have to go again as it is full of aircraft from 1903 onwards, information boards, displays, memorabilia and photographs all of which I didn't really have enough time to take in. (Only problem is that it's 8 miles nearer the centre of London and I am such a wimp in traffic!).
It was Dpip's sixth birthday today so Frankie took him and his friend A and invited me along too. We had a great time. The boys loved everything about it but especially the 'actual' cockpits that they could sit in, I liked all the really old WW1 aircraft and reading the information boards and both Frankie and I enjoyed seeing them enjoying themselves!
The boys, of course, liked the hands-on sections best!
Here they are in one of the aircraft.
We went back to my house so the boys could have a late lunch and run around a bit and then Frankie took A back to his family.
Late afternoon it was cake time ~ yay! This was at Frankie and Alex's and we had pizza and lovely birthday cakes. Stella Rich and the Pies came too and Lpip and Kpip (who had been having their own adventures) were back home by then.
Home then to water the garden after a very warm day and before the hosepipe ban!
A lovely day!
Back soon
Po x
2 comments:
Hosepipe ban?? What is that??
Well it was a remark partly in jest but we have had restrictions on hosepipe use during some Summers ~ most notably three years ago. This was after a 'very dry Winter' ~ in England?1?!?! There was insufficient water in reservoirs in some counties ~ Hertfordshire was one. There was a lot of 'fuss' in the newspapers and people could be fined for using water other than from rain butts (or their baths!) to water their gardens.
The ban has become something of a joke really but the weather has been good here for the last week or so ~ so the 'threat' is there!
Post a Comment