I did think that once retired I might just manage to fit in a teensy bit more blogging. But sadly . . . . not!!
Life is still very busy and many of the projects I had earmarked have not even been started! Although the computer is certainly less congested and a little more organised ~ wish I could say the same for the attic and cupboards and shelves!! Little work in the garden attempted ~ I had anticipated that I would be doing a lot out there ~ maybe next year?
This is a quick catch-up of Highlights in June:
Cat and Imy came round for a viewing of Dr Zhivago ~ one of my all-time fave films. We had a light snackette on lovely salady food that Cat had brought and some lovely cookies baked by Imy. I must have provided something but for the life of me can't think what it was! Really god evening!
Ruth's Fish ad Chip Supper at Yeoveney ~ a great night for a good cause. (I can't now remember what the cause was! But I must have thought it was a good one)
Canal Trip with Women's Group along the Grand Union from Ricky to just past Harefield and Cream Tea on the way back. Yumm!
Claire and Nick's wedding at Church Stretton, Shropshire. Claire is my god-daughter, the daughter of very dear friends, and she is just lovely ~ Nick is a lucky man! It was the perfect wedding ~ the ceremony was an absolute triumph with marvellous, apposite readings, the bride and groom looked fabulous, the bridesmaids pretty and the page boys sweet. The reception was incredibly relaxed and informal, with a special tent for the children (of whom there were about 50!) for their own meal, games and entertainment. We had a ceilidh, live music (including guests!) and wonderful food. I think we all went to sleep that night tired but very happy.
David's 50th Birthday party the following weekend was another Brilliant Bash! It has to be said that Cat and David really know how to throw a party! Another very relaxed and informal 'do' with amazing food (C&D are stunningly talented in catering),
And then the following weekend back to C&D's again for tea and cake in the garden while we waited for the Vulcan fly-past. This was the last time the Vulcan would be flying and we were very privileged see it go almost directly overhead. Very loud!!
The rest of the month was busy too ~ with the usual things: Pies, Pips, book clubs, a retirement 'do' at the Town Hall, a play at school (Juniors), a couple of meetings and, now that I am retired, a number of very enjoyable lunches with friends. And . . . . more time for reading! Yay!
Back soon (I hope)
Po xx
2 comments:
What is a vulcan?
Hi Kim
A Vulcan is a jet-powered strategic bomber used by the Royal Air Force (RAF) from 1956 until 1984. It has now exceeded its allotted flying time and funding has ceased making it difficult to provide the required maintenance. There have been a number of 'last flights' over the country.
When we went to the RAF Museum we saw one close up ~ and it is MASSIVE!! And a really impressive sight to see in the sky. It felt rather threatening when it flew over as it was very low, very black, flew quite slowly and blocked out the sun. But a sight well worth seeing!
Post a Comment