Sunday, November 29, 2015

Christmas Lights


Took the Pips to the Christmas Lights switch-on at a local shopping parade.  It was scheduled for 3.45 p.m.

I'm no sure what it is about 'It will be very cold so make sure you dress warmly' that is incomprehensible to both Frankie and her children but unfortunately they were all frozen and shivering by 4.10 p.m. when the first carols began prior to switch-on.  A plight indelibly attached the The Young I fear as I was just as bad!  So we called it a day and went home to fish and chips in my cosy house.  

We went past the shops on our way back to the Pips' house and the trees where all the lights were strung were very pretty so all was not lost.  

Still very cold today and overcast with rain in the air.  Have just been to local artists' showing in Oxhey ~ great talent.   Some nice pottery which I was in two minds about buying for Christmas presents but I wasn't really sure so I didn't. Will probably regret it come Christmas Eve . . . .

Back soon

Po xx


2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

My thought: when it first becomes cold it is always colder than when we get used to the cold--does that make sense? So yes it isn't a surprise that people were underdressed--we need to remember what cold is so we can deal with it!

rosy said...

So true, Kim!