Saturday, November 28, 2015

Harry Potter tour


My friends Ka and To came to stay for a couple of nights and Ka and I went on the Harry Potter tour.  

Ka is a HUGE HP fan and, although I liked the films and thought they were much better than the books, I have forgotten great swathes of it and am not at all bothered about it.   

The tour, however, is less than three miles from my home and, having heard that it is good, had wanted to go for some time.  And I felt I should as it is considered to be one of Watford's attractions.  So pleased I did!

The staff were all lovely, the exhibits wonderful and really interesting and the whole atmosphere a delight.  I forgot my camera but took some photos on my mobile phone only I can't work out how to put them on the computer so here is the website address if anyone wants to look at it:

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/

I have to say that being there is heaps heaps better than just reading and looking at the photos.  I loved the info on how the sets, props and effects were made and it really is all very well done.  Lots of humour too from the staff and the videos.

At the very end of the tour is a massive model of Hogwarts and a walkway around it which is what Ka liked best and I am torn between walking through a life-size mock-up of Diagon Alley with all the detailing in the shops and standing on Platform 93/4 by the side of the Hogwarts Express.  Oh and seeing the 'snow' fall out side and knowing it wasn't cold and wet was pretty good too!

The tour certainly exceeded my expectations

Back soon

Po x

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

So so so so so jealous of you getting to do this! So jealous! So much envy!