Wednesday, November 25, 2015
U3A
Still loving University of the Third Age (U3A) . . .
This morning was the first session of a new group: 'Europe into the 20th century' with a talk on the development of Romantic Ballet ~ right up my street!
This afternoon: the Shakespeare group where we each chose two sonnets to read and then discuss. I loved Shakespeare even at school ~ we had a teacher whose subject was really Hockey (which I detested!) but she also taught English to the younger forms. I loved her English lessons in direct proportion to how much I hated the Hockey sessions. She introduced us to A Midsummer Night's Dream in Year 8 and took the class to a production at the Open Air Theatre in Regents Park ~ I am forever grateful.
Otherwise I have been busy trying to catch up on emails (they seem to have a life of their own!), tidying and making beds ready for the arrival of Ka and To tomorrow. Which will be nice.
Back soon
Po xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment