| Waiting on the platform |
We went on a trip on a steam train on Sunday afternoon ~ ahh the nostalgia ~ which was lovely. Like going back in time really as we only passed countryside which has been exactly the same for decades I would think.
Out to dinner on Sunday evening at a local hostelry and back for drinks and general hilarity at the house.
| Peace! |
Wonderful!
On Monday we did a quick sortie to Swanage which again I have never previously visit. This is a lovely little seaside town ~ and very enjoyable to stroll around out of season and quiet!
| Janey and De with Bro on the beach |
What was really nice was to stay in a house with a dog as I have never owned one and barely know anything about them! My grandparents had lovely dog called Nobby who was extraordinarily gentle and then a completely crazy mutt called Rex who was prone to dash about the place as though all the hounds of hell were after him. But that was a very long time ago and I had virtually forgotten the pleasure in their company. Maybe it is time to reconnect?
Yesterday
Janey and Eric were visiting family and bringing the Christmas presents down. Nipped over to Ca and Da's house for a coffee (well . . . two) and mutual exchanging. This is very early I know but E&J are unlikely to be back down again until almost New Year so it has put a bit of a spin on. I have never been so forward!
At a Quiz last evening ~ and we won! Go Us!! I never really mind if we win or not ~ it's the fun and laughter I go for ~ and we certainly had that on our table! There were eight of us and Frankie and Alex and C&D were on another table and lots and lots of other friends ~ some on almost every table in fact. So a good time was had by all and it was nice that we won! (Oh, I might have mentioned that?)
A good week ahead . . .
Back soon
Po xx
2 comments:
I think now that you are retired it would PERFECT to get a dog! You might also check out to see if there are foster groups in your area---you could foster a dog for a short period of time while the dog waits for his/her 'forever home' and see if you are ready to be a dog parent!
SO EXCITED about this but perhaps you aren't quite as keen as I think you are!
Thank you for your comment, Kim. I have never heard of foster groups but this sounds like a great idea and I will check it out ~ Frankie also thinks it is perfect and has been very encouraging x
Post a Comment