Well I returned from the Fjords and the Northern Lights ~ and there had been no work and no advice that it was imminent. Which was just as well since England suffered a particularly cold, snowy February.
On Sunday I went away for three days staying with friends in Devon. Lo! and Behold! on returning home through wind and rain late afternoon on Wednesday I found a card in the mail pile (obviously posted through the door) letting me know that work would start at 8.00 a.m. that day. No heat and no hot water! Which is bad enough but what about the five days notice? The card hadn't arrived by 9.00 a.m. on Sunday when I left! Needless to say I had not even asked Frankie, who had been on Tully Duty, to look out for it.
The most irritating things:
i) all companies these days seem to have 'partners' and there seems to be little or no communication and one gets passed from pillar to post with minimal result. I made two calls on Wednesday night and five during the day on Thursday in which the person on the phone promised that I would be called back with a time for re-connection ~ which never happened. And it was always the 'other company's' fault. It was such a shambles that in the end I took the 'complaint' option rather than the 'enquiries' and that seemed to do the trick. And the fitter chappie was a speedy, neat worker and even put back the things he had to move from the meter cupboard.ii) everyone I spoke to kept saying 'you didn't give them access'. I couldn't give them access because I didn't have the promised five days notice!!!
GRRRRHH
The road is a mess! It and our driveways been dug up and will need to be re-tarmacked, there is mud everywhere and temporary fencing is preventing access to some drives so that parking is even more restrictive. It's all rather unpleasant. The photo (I nearly didn't post it because it is so horrid) of my drive and part of the road shows how ugly it is with the mud and all those yellow boards covering the holes but, of course, it will be cleared up ~ eventually . . .
P.S. One the bright side: my home and I are toasty warm . . . and I shouldn't be such a moany old biddy.
1 comment:
Wait one second, there, Rosy---NORTHERN LIGHTS? YOU WENT TO SEE THE NORTHERN LIGHTS? We want pictures, now!
AND there's a movie here opening soon called Tully which is not about a cat in charge of letting the gas men in but I bet that would be a movie many people would see.
Post a Comment