I write now in the hastiest haste I have been in for some while as I know that the next few days will really be Too Busy to Blog.After yesterday's post about the Moondial I felt I really had to add a note about this equally good (and to my mind even better) children's TV series.
It stars the lovely Sophie Thompson, sister of Emma, and was made in the 1970s. It is based on a book by Alison Uttley of Little Grey Rabbit fame and centres on the Babbington plot ~ a failed attempt to free Mary Queen of Scots. I like it because it relates real historical events albeit not quite as they were played out.
And just before I go ~ and in a similar vein ~ a recent read our whole book club enjoyed was 'How to Stop Time' by Matt Haig. Not exactly a time travel book but . . . . well you'll have to read it. Highly recommended by Me
Back soon
Po xx
1 comment:
I really liked "How to Stop Time" but it was not universally loved!
Post a Comment