Hertford is the county town of Hertfordshire and much smaller than Watford ~ but much more of a country town and more attractive ~ with its own castle (!!), rivers and pretty houses and back streets. It is also the administrative centre of Hertfordshire County Council and the headquarters of the Education Department. Like Watford (because of the rivers) it was a brewery town. In fact it still is. Although Watford's last brewery closed in the 1970s (I think).
I remembered my camera today but it was only when I was back at the art centre that I realised my photos were over exposed as I had the camera on the wrong setting (pah!) but here are ones I took back at the centre:
| Art Centre |
| Garden at the side |
| I'm not totally sure what these are! Made of metal anyway and look like pods? |
| The totem pole |
| I love this one ~ I generally sit on the bench for the last few minutes while waiting for the end of class ~ and it is so peaceful in this little corner. |
Today I bought a couple of books at Oxfam ~ 'The 50 people who buggered up Britain' (very funny!) and '101 Tray Bakes' ~ I'm a rotten cook but always optimistic!
I also wandered into the castle grounds which are also very peaceful. Photos of the castle next time ~ if it's not pouring with rain!
I need to get out in my garden to tidy and plant a few bulbs! Hopefully over the weekend.
Back soon
Po xx
1 comment:
I love the sculptures, especially the totems!
I'm never quite sure what a tray bake is, so off to Google. Hold on....
Ah. It is a biscuit (aka cookie) baked in a tray and then sliced. I have some old old recipes for Christmas tray bakes from German ancestors.
They must be lovely to have in the AUTUMN!
Post a Comment