Deciding where to go!
All manner of items associated with the country were on show. Vintage tractors ~ oh the nostalgia!
Next stop: animal tent:
alpaca
piglets
ducks
Onward to outside pens and judging areas:
getting in line for judging
winner!
I LOVE goats! ~ the black one with the horns was my fave ~ but he didn't win
I'm scared of cows let alone bulls ~
but what a magnificent chap he is!
Then off to the craft and produce tent . . .
The competitors display with admirable precision!
And beautiful flower arrangements:
I particularly liked this arrangement ~ and so did the judges! ~ but sadly my photo just doesn't do it justice
gorgeous dahlias
I really liked this idea: competitors collected their items on Friday night then had to use all of them to make their arrangement ~ then get them back to the tent by early morning Saturday
There were so many different ideas ~ but I've inadvertently deleted at least three of them ~ doh!
Handicrafts:
And . . . most important of all . . . Ge's entries in the baking . . .
Third prize for his savoury scones
Second prize for quiche
and Second prize for carrot cake
Yay!!!
We had all walked a fair bit by then so stopped off for eats and drinks. Fair weather, no rain and nothing so good as eating outside and watching the world and his wife and his dog stroll by.
Then a little retail was called for ~ stalls of speciality foods, niche drinks, clothing of all types, jewellery, tools, home items, outdoor furniture and toys for children and pets. Probably more but I can't remember.
It is only a short stroll back to Ge and He's home where we sat around chatting and laughing and then tucking in to lasagne, salad and garlic bread around the big table. Lots of laughs, good food and friendship.
What a great day! Home before ten. Tired but very happy.
Back soon
Po xx
2 comments:
That sounds like a wonderful day. We call those 'county fairs' here (and sometimes 'State fairs' if they are really big. I'm tickled that you have alpacas in England!
EXCEPT--it is a setting for a Midsummer Murder!
Post a Comment