Monday, December 30, 2013

the day before the last day of 2013

This is the one day of all my Christmas holiday days when I am not 'doing something' so a chance to catch up on odds and ends . . .

I started by doing a bit of stitching for a birthday which is coming up and then Frankie, Alex and the Pips came round ~ Alex to put back the door between the kitchen and dining room : off since the new carpet was fitted ~ phew! ~ I was getting so cheesed off with it leaning against the gap and falling down every so often! 

Lpip and Dpip played outside for a while but it was really cold  so they didn't stay out too long and came in and went up to Frankie's old bedroom where I had stashed all the toys while the work was being done.  

Kpip will be 2 next month and makes us laugh all the time now ~ she is very cute! (and she knows it!).  To my great regret I have lost the plug thing that the lead thing from the camera goes in so am unable to charge my camera ~ no doubt it will turn up at some point but it's a darned nuisance right now when I would like some catch up pics!

It is dark now and the Pips have left and I shall go and have a sandwich of left-over gammon from when Stella, Rich and the Pies were here and then later on watch TV and knit. I hardly ever watch TV but tonight there is an adaptation of 'The Thirteenth Tale' from the book by Diane Setterfield which I enjoyed so much.  Not only that but it stars not only Olivia Colgate (from 'Broadchurch') but Vanessa Redgrave too!

Toastie time!

Po x

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

OH I hope we get that Thirteenth Tale here.

rosy said...

I hope you do too, Kim ~ you recommended the book to me! The play was very well done ~ really gripping!