Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2014 . . .

The year has started well!

Janey and Eric came to stay and we went to look at a care home for G ~ for respite care at the moment but possibly long term in the future.  G stayed in a lovely home in Watford back in November but at the end of the fortnight we were all agreed that it was not quite right for him.  Whilst he is certainly getting more frail, his mind is good and he is generally able to care for himself with a little help morning and evening from a lovely support worker.  The home we visited yesterday, however, seemed to be more suited to his needs.  We will see . . . 

E, J and I spent New Year's Eve in usual fashion ~ ie at the home of lovely friends who made a splendid meal (9 of us in total plus B, the lovely black Lab).  2014 was ushered in with the singing of Auld Lang Syne, quaffing of Champagne and phone calls and texts to absent family members.  Home to mine tired but very happy.

Annual New Year's Day Visit to the Essex for lunch though sadly no pre-lunch walk as the weather is just dire (There was no possibility of taking a walk that day).  All the usual suspects from the Night Before plus a few other family members.  Then E, J and I visited G to tell him about the home ~ he seemed quite impressed ~ and have a cuppa then back home and E & J have now departed for home.  

A New Year ~ time for resolutions!  I have given up on making them but I am hoping that 2014 will be better than 2013 ~ nothing dreadful has happened but it has been a tiresome year (boring is what I really mean!) so I have high hopes for this one.

Po xx
 

No comments: