Saturday, January 04, 2014

back to work . . .

. . . wasn't too bad!

It was fairly quiet as most people had extended their hols to the start of next week.   I rather like it when the office is fairly empty and quiet but it was good to catch up with those who were in and hear about their various Christmasses.  In our little section it was just P and J and me in.  We took all our decorations down ~ it looks somewhat sparse in there now!  Still have to do the ones at home.

My poor neighbour Ly has finally been admitted into hospital for investigations into her suspected slipped disc. She has suffered with this for many months now and has been in agony for much of the time.  I visited on Thursday evening and have to admit to finding it very depressing!  She mentioned it on fb and called it 'a very dark place'  ~ I can see what she means!

The weather has been deplorable!  Severe warnings of floods and high winds throughout the country and some fatalities.  Hertfordshire has not been too badly 'stung' so far but is is very wet: the ground is saturated and in many places the drains seem unable to cope.  I am writing this sitting in front of a window which looks down the road and there is an enormous puddle outside one house which cars are unable to avoid ~ so huge splashes every time a car comes down.  There are no children playing out and it is all very depressing and grey ~ even the cars are mostly a grey or silver colour ~ and no prospect of sunshine for the next few days.   We are the lucky ones, however: many places in Britain are under water and people are having to take precautionary measures. 

Now that my new furniture is in and the sitting room is comfortable again (curtains still to be hung and sofas recovered but I am getting there!) I have taken to looking at  TV in the evening and knitting!  I have been making a pink hoodie for Kpip for ages ~ she will be 2 this month so I hope it fits, I started it before she was one! ~ and it is finally nearing completion.  No doubt the sleeves will be half way up her arms and the buttons not meet!  Ho hum . . . .  If I find my camera plug thing  will take a photo . . . . maybe

Po xx

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I am eager for you to find the camera plug in thing, as I think it was missing a year or so ago as well. :-)

Weather is weird this year. WE have had three weeks of solid fog (pea soup!) and had to escape to Northern California for a few days since it was so awful.

Happy New Year!!