Monday, January 06, 2014

Mealtimes

a good few days:

Tea with G:
visited G onSaturday afternoon.  He had read the brochure for the care home which we left the other day and liked the sound of it ~ so much so that he wanted to go . . . tomorrow . . . for a week . . . or a fortnight . . . or maybe even a month . . . or he might just stay there! Phew!  Whoa: let's just take this s l o w l y !  G is not usually so impulsive but it's nice that he is keen.  J and E are coming down next weekend and we will look at a few more homes and then see ~ we really don't want to rush this.  The family visit often but I think he is sometimes a little lonely so this could be a good move.  Will wait and see  . . . 

Anyway we had tea and a game of cards and read the newspapers and all in all it was a nice relaxing afternoon.

Dinner with many:
Saturday evening I went to Jac's to finalise the camp accounts and have supper. Except that supper turned into a Dinner Party (which I have to say was preferable to doing the books!) with lots of really lovely peeps: there were thirteen of us altogether and then Ma and Ke arrived at around the Cheese Stage!  It was lovely to catch up with everyone : an enjoyable evening!

Lunchy type Tea with the Pies:
Stella, Rich and the Pies came round on Sunday afternoon and I rustled up a pasta-ish meal which was lovely and sociable and then the Pies watched a film while Stella and I did some more of 'The Jigsaw' which we had started on Boxing Day.  I am not normally a fan of jigsaws but this is something else!  Stella found it for a pound in a charity shop and it's a murder mystery!  There is a little pamphlet inside the box which gives a very short scenario and then the finished jigaw will show the solution to 'who dun it'.  The picture on the box bears no relation at all to the jigsaw ~ in fact we did the outside edges without even knowing which was top, bottom or sides and then had to piece it together from there.  It is 1000 pieces and we didn't finish it and still don't know the answer.  Very intriguing and good fun!

Pudd'n with Stella:
Stella and I went to the King Harry for the Monday Night Quiz.  We were useless!  I mean really useless!  although to be fair there was a preponderance of sport and celebrity questions and neither of us have any interest at all in sport and even less (if that's possible!) in 'celebs'.    It was a very relaxed evening though and we did have a drink, a coffee and a really nice pud each . . . and nice chatty company!

Back soon I hope with photos ~ Stella recommends just buying another plug thing ~ which sounds like the best idea!

Po xx

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I hate jigsaws! But my husband's family loves them. I just sit in the corner and knit.