Sunday, February 09, 2014

busy week . . .

At some point in the future I may have a good old moan about John Lewis and how they have messed up with my blinds, my carpet and now my curtains . . . but in fact I just don't have the energy to do that right now

On to nicer things  . . . 

On Wednesday I was on a course at work in which we all had to do the Myers Briggs Test. It was a good day and a really great trainer.  And lovely to reconnect with people I had worked with before my current job and to get to know 'new' people.  It was fun!



After work visited with G.  Stella and the Pies were there too.  They all played their instruments.  Here is Kpie on recorder and Cpie.


Friday I took a day's annual leave in order to look after Kpip.  I wish I could do it more often!  She played with the dolls' house, we did a jigsaw and here she is playing with the blocks.  






Sat for the Pips last night.  They all make me laugh so much!  Lpip wanted to play the 'Going to Buckingham Palace Game' with Dougie ~ which we did but not sure that either of them have quite got the hang of it!  they went to bed and I watched 'The Talented Mr Ripley' and then an episode of Desperate Housewives from the first series. 

Visited with G today.  Frankie, Alex and the Pips were there too and then I zoomed off to Jackie's for her birthday meal (cooked by Brian).  Lots of people I was really pleased to see so had nice chats and a superbe Banoffee Pie.  

A good week all told (for me).  Sadly it has not been good for many here in England.  The flooding has been dreadful in the south west and my heart goes out to all the poor people who have been flooded out, have no electricity and are suffering in so many ways from the terrible weather.  Parts of Watford were under water over the weekend and one enterprising couple went shoping in the Lower High Street in a canoe!  Long delays on the roads (Stella and Jpie had to abandon J's viola lesson as the traffic was so bad it took them 40 minutes to travel less than a mile). Here on top of my hill I am counting my blessings!

Back again soon

Po xx

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Off to google Banoffee Pie.

Kim in Oregon said...

Googled. Want it now!