Sunday, February 02, 2014

'hook ups' . . . .

. . . with family, friends and old school pals

The weekend started well even before I finished work!  Worked at home on Friday morning and then arrived at the office after lunch and opened my phone to find a request on facebook from a family member we had lost touch with a few years ago.  To say I was excited is putting it mildly!  More the girls generation than mine ~ it would be lovely to catch up properly soon. 

In the evening we were at the Elton John Suite at Watford Footie Club for a surprise!!!!! party to celebrate Peter's 30th birthday.  He was suitably aghast (fortunately!) and it was a great party and wonderful to chat with lovely family and friends some of whom I hadn't seen for a while.

Saturday: school reunion which started (as ever) at the Scotsbridge.  Only 6 of us managed to get there but again it was lovely to meet old chums.  Fran and I were the only ones to actually go to school and we had left it so late I could only stay a short while before zooming off to Frankie's to babysit for the evening while she and Alex went to London for the 'Jack the Ripper' tour (which was tr'iffic apparently!)

Babysittng: The Pips are great company and make me laugh till my sides ache!  Once they were in bed I watched 'The Nutty Professor'' (which was truly awful) and had just started in on the Pilot episode of 'Desperate Housewives' when Lpip sneaked into the sitting room.  She had been reading and was then unable to sleep so we talked and I taught her the 'I'm going to the Moon' game to great hilarity on both sides.  Fortunately she had gone back to bed before F & A arrived home!

I don't know why it is that I can't seem to sit still long enough enough to watch TV at home but really enjoy looking at it when I'm babysitting . . . .

I visited G this afternoon and managed to catch Peter and Emma there before they left to go home. We are hoping it will not be too long before G can spend a few weeks at Care Home G to see if he likes it.  We played a few games of Rummy after P and E had left ~ I was on a winning streak which doesn't happen too often with G!!

A great weekend! and only four days at work next week!

Back soon

Po x


 

No comments: