Started well this morning with a trip to Enfield to collect Dpip's photos ~ will show when I get my one up on the wall alongside Kezia, Jago, Cl and L. I have a studio shoot for each grandchild when they are nine (although Dpip only just got in at the end of April and will be 10 on Monday!).
New Hope
Went to the New Hope's Charity Garden Day. The girls and I had been before yonks ago ~ when Frankie was still in a buggy! New Hope is a Homeless Charity based in Watford and has been in existence for about 30 years although the garden event predates it. I met Da there who had come with her daughter and two of the grandchildren and visiting family. The local community choir were singing and there was lots to see: chickens (competing with the choir), gardens, plants and accessories to buy and tea and cakes to enjoy. I missed out on the poetry readings as I wanted to get back home because Stella, Rpie and Npie were coming round. Photo is of my plant haul for planting up tomorrow.Coffee in the Shade
Stella came round with Rpie and Npie and we sat in the garden under the shade of the pine tree. Rpie had milk and biscuits, played on the climbing frame and the swing and generally larked around with the little car and the football. Npie was happy with anything to hand!
Stella and I had a couple of mugs of strong coffee and discussed the election, the state of the country, exams, the school system, Tennyson's 'Idylls of the King' and going to Paris.
For some reason Rpie is obsessed with the idea of seeing the Eiffel Tower. He was delighted to bring round and show me a rather large model of the tower which his uncle B had given him. No-one seems to know where this yen to visit the tower has come from but the family are hoping to go on a day trip and I have wheedled an invite. Yay! I have never been to Paris.
And then they went home, I tidied up a bit, listened to a podcast and read a bit of a very funny book called 'More Anguished English.
Back soon
Po xx
No comments:
Post a Comment