Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Busy Days

It's all been a little tense.  

Full Governing Body meeting last evening and we're in lock-down.  So we needed to 'meet' online and as the clerk to the governors I set up the meeting.  My IT talents are almost NIL and the very idea was enough to send me screaming for the hills.  (I'm kidding  it was nowhere near as bad as that but I wasn't looking forward to it).  

I seemed to spend days worrying and checking and re-checking the site but in the end it was fine.  The start was a bit hairy ~ I was thrown out of the internet and I had to log back in quick-sticks ~ but everyone 'attended' and the meeting was good.   

Mind you, I'm certainly hoping we are back to 'normal' by the next meeting!    

In other news:
I've just finished our Book Club ZOOM meeting.  We read 'The Legacy of Mr Jarvis' (Jude Hyland) which we all felt was very well written.  It is goes back and forth in time between the late sixties and now and and the sixties were described very much as we remembered it from our youth and school days.  All but one of us enjoyed it ~ the only dissenter found the times she described somewhat depressing. 
Next time:   Mill on the Floss 

Frankie and the Pips came round this afternoon.  We stayed in the garden and Frankie, Lu and I socially distanced ourselves and relaxed in the garden chairs while the boys and Kpip hared around letting off steam.  

No photos today as my camera needs charging. But hopefully a few flower photos tomorrow.

Stay safe

Po xx 

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm so happy you get to keep seeing your family!