I feel it is time to change the name of this blog. That's mainly because life is different for me now from how it was 15 years ago when I started.
I had a job, I changed to a different one although still within the Council. I retired (yay!).
I had a daughter: married and living in Yorkshire. With two small children. Now there are three delightful teens and two little ones and they all live about 3 miles away.
Other daughter was single, a student, now a teacher, with one teen, one almost 11 (and about to move on to secondary school) and one of eight. They live two miles away.
The advent of Covid-19 has made a huge change for everyone. For me the realisation has come that I'm not really comfortable with all the 'out and about' I do. The enforced 'Stay Home' has made me see that I'd like to spend more time here. So the blog will probably focus more on Home.
Frankie made this sign for me one Christmas from reclaimed wood. It hangs in my sitting room and I love it.
Walk:
Many more people are walking these days as part of their daily exercise. Mine was fairly short today. There is a field about a quarter of a mile from home which we always call The Gypsy Field. Not that gypsies manage to get in now as the gate has been well and truly blocked by the landowner. Still, it's a public right of way and it was mainly used by dog walkers until the lock-down.
I'll be honest and admit that I have cropped this and cut out the pylon and the massive Porcelanosa warehouse (!!) but it is peaceful enough to be able to hear the birds sing and still has a rural feel to it.
Path through a little woody area on one side.
More than I thought I would write . . .
Back soon
Po xx
1 comment:
I love the new name!!!
Post a Comment